Saturday, January 24, 2009

Streak keeps a rollin

Day 6

Sixth game down. The Friday game. 1/23/09

Asterix at the Olympic Games: I went into this game blindfolded. I had no prior knowledge to what genre it even was. When I got the game in the mail on Thursday I looked at the box and immediately passed judgment. I thought I was in for a real turd of a game. I was wrong and it turned out to be better than I expected. It's an action adventure platform game to begin with. A decent one at that, not visually, but the controls and camera never hinder your experience. It does have some track & field elements similar to what you would find in the old NES Track & Field game, but for the most part they are not fun. All in all I had a good time with this. Fun and 1,000 gamerscore points in around 5 hours. It's much better than games like Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal. The game is a big joke, it doesn't take itself too serious. It has a really good sense of humor. That's ultimately why I enjoyed my time with it.



If you are wondering, Asterix is a region free game that can be played on your American xbox 360. It just happens that it was not released in the United States, so you might have a hard time tracking it down. Good hunting.


Final achievement obtained in Asterix



Complete a game a day streak stands at: VI

5 comments:

  1. I thought it was only released on torrent sites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Easy points, you say? Looks like I'll have to get it soon.
    Once again, GL on your quest to finish a game a day. Add MrMascal4 to your FL so that I can get some help from you every so often if, of course, you are available or just so that I can say that the BEST is on my FL. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God you keep knocking them out of the park.

    Well hopefully you will get Paintball today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man you get accused of everything....


    The game was released in Canada and a friend traded for it and now we are passing it around completing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was also availible in a few Candian Walmarts....your better off looking in Australia or Germany for this one.

    ReplyDelete