Saturday, February 21, 2009

Brute Force

I just ran into what I thought was a little deja vu. I unlocked the Brute Force achievement in Dead Space and thought it looked familiar when popping. It turns out The new DLC achievement in The Maw is called Brute Force. I also unlocked that achievement earlier today. I don't remember unlocking different achievements that shared the same name on the same day. I'm well aware that there are achievements that share the same name besides this instance. Dead Eye would be my guess for most shared name across all achievements. Anybody want to look what would be the most? Have at it. Report back with your findings if what you find is worth reporting.

Speaking of Brute Force, am I the only person on this planet that thinks it wasn't a terrible game? It was way over hyped for sure, but I didn't get caught up in that. Yes, the voice acting was terrible and the characters were cliche but come on. No, It was not the next halo by any stretch. It had good co-op! The game was at least an 8. The multiplayer was actually fun but what killed that was the lack of online play. The reviewers seemed to like it for the most part with a metacritic rating of 77. I just remember hearing everyone talk badly about it.


I'll take this so called deja vu I experienced as a sign that Brute Force will be released as an xbox orginal very soon. On top of that, it will be the first xbox original game to include achievements. Hopefully with that happening it will "Brute Force" all other xbox original games to fall in line. I would be curious to see how much of a boost in sales original titles would get if this were to happen. Me, I would buy every single one of those suckers. I'm a sucker, I know.

Give me Brute Force or give me death. Come to think of it, I still have my copy sitting here.

4 comments:

  1. The game was actually pretty good. My dad and I played through the co-op ages ago and managed to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Xbox originals getting achievements would be crazy...

    Idk where you shop but I know EB Games/ Gamestop no longer take the Xbox originals for trade in, so that means in some time the company will have them all shipped to warehouses for "processing."

    I think I'm going to look into the most used achievement name, I'll let you know what I find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To the people that asked me over live "where did you read that Brute Froce for xobx orginals wil come with gamerscore?"

    I took my achievement unlocking as a sign of things to come. It probably will never happen. Sorry I got your hopes up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Brute Force, especialyl when you played it with people that knew how to use their characters, then it got interesting and fun.

    Didnt think very many people remembered Brute Force lol

    ReplyDelete