Sunday, February 15, 2009

93,000 missing stars and the sky is clear

Day 28

Complete a game a day streak is over. A streak which started on 1/18/09 came to an end after 27 days. So who won this battle stallion, the streak, or a new contender?

I started today with 17,000 stars in lips, around 83,000 to go for the final achievement which is 100,000 stars. As I am writing this I have zero stars. I fell victim to this glitch. I was around 93,000 when this little bug bit me. A mere 7,000 stars shy of 1,000 and another day for the streak. It was around 9:20pm EST when the glitch occurred so I had plenty of time to get it done. I dreaded finishing this game up, but I sucked it up and drove myself batty. I played the same song over and over and over again. 8 minutes long, just the chorus in loop.
Hey ya
Hey ya
Hey ya
Hey ya
Hey ya
Hey ya
Hey ya
The song is by Obadiah Parker, some of you may know the Outkast version. This way allows you to get 4,000 stars in around 8 minutes. I had ear plugs in, ear muffs on, and a toboggan cap on trying to drown out the sound that will probably give me nightmares for weeks to come. I was camped out in a lazy boy recliner inches from the TV for 5 hours with the mics up against each speaker. Flipping the mics back then forward every 15 seconds to activate star power or whatever you call it. It was a heart breaker on valentines day for sure and by a game called lips is even more of an insult. I was denied by the achievement Gods on this day or it was a sign to stop the streak and play better games. Lips is an excellent karaoke game, but if you try to force it like I did, it's no fun.

A picture of my missing stars and medals. The challenge wins didn't get reset back to zero, neither did the rank of superstar that you see in the top middle part. Superstar rank equals 100 of each medal and 50,000 stars. If I do decide to go back and 1,000 this game, I only have to worry about stars.











This pretty much sums up lips, better get use to it.


The only streaking I will be doing for a long time. Boogity Boogity


Complete a game a day streak ends at 27 by the hands of a glitch.

9 comments:

  1. Ah man, that's lame. One short of platinum streak too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man that streak video was hilarious! Sorry to hear about that glitch. That's rough :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure some cock hole is using your gamertag as his own:

    http://www.playfire.com/StrongViolence

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so shitty lol. Atleast you can play some good games now. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad to see you go out in this manner... all because of a glitch...

    ReplyDelete
  6. if 975 in Bad Company is complete because of a glitch, then I say Lips is complete because of Glitch. I say keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I For One say, Good For You Stal.
    You Were Literally Just saying how this streak was getting the best of you lately...
    Im Glad You Accomplished it But Im more Glad Its over, Cuz now you can take some time with some games You like Instead...
    Grats Again.

    ReplyDelete