Friday, August 26, 2011

Good News, Bad News

I've got the feeling again! Well, sort of. At least I know it's coming back if I was able to finish off Army of Two (EU) without much fuss.

The Fruit Ninja Kinect Strom Season DLC is a breeze and for 160MSP, it's hard to say no to cheap DLC. It's not really going to add much to your Fruit slicing experience.

I really need to put some time into Deus Ex before we record The Gamerscore Popcast in the wee hours Friday night/Saturday morning. I keep hearing great things.

Bad news

So I'm peachy, except for the fact I spent most of the night in the ER getting pricked and prodded.

Don't let Army of Two do this to you
The story goes:

Leg is hurting in bed, so I wake up to take some Tylenol to ease the pain. Take two of those with a glass of water and about 30 seconds later my brain feels oxygen-less and I become dizzy. I stumble back into the bedroom like a drunken sailor, with a pounding headache, I feel like a black out is imminent. I tell Cindy that she may want to call the doctor and then I fall and hit the back of my head on the dresser. I collapsed.

They tested me for all kinds of stuff and I checked out A-okay. Obviously that was some great news. I guess I just can't handle all of two Tylenol. I have that Pussy Cat Blood running through my veins, take notes.

It was all sorts of scary because nothing like this has ever happened to me, EVER. I feel really bad for Cindy, she thought the worst, as I was extremely cold and not being all that responsive.

I wasn't going to mention this at all, thought it might make me look vulnerable but shit happens.


Good News

Yesterday I did a phone interview with someone from a very popular gaming website that most have probably heard about. That article/feature/interview/story will go up sometime next week after all the PAX hype dies down. (listen to pax hype on the next episode of The Gamerscore Popcast, this Sunday!)

They also want me to do a bit of writing for them, so I'm super stoked about getting the opportunity and would be a retard to say no. I'm very grateful for the chance.

Why does good news always have to be followed by bad news? Seems to happen more often than it should.



7 comments:

  1. Don't forget to stretch out during those extended sessions. That's how truckers get blood clots; from the lack of movement. Also, check out the article on that kid who literally died playing xbox; we joked about it... until it actually happened. At least you had your trusty backup there when you needed it, some people aren't so lucky.

    And finally, good news is often much better after something bad happens. Ce la vie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They did an ultrasound on me for clots, not a thing. I didn't think it would be anything like that. I've only been playing maybe 3-4 hours a day over the last two months. I just can't sit in one place for way too long, I'm always moving about. Run all the time and exercise as well. Dunno man, I just don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And your blood test? Is it ok? I hope you get well soon, man. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stress? You're one of the healthiest guys I know, feel better soon Pony!

    ReplyDelete
  5. would they let you set up your 360 in your hospital room?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that all the tests turned out positive. As I've had the passing out deal happen to me a few times, I know having an experience like that is scary. But what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure somewhere someone was taking advantage of your absence. Yet they still fail so haha to them.

    Feel better

    ReplyDelete