Thursday, September 8, 2011

Dead Island Impressions

I've been playing the living hell out of Dead Island and I'm loving it.  If you like zombies, quests, gore, killing with melee weapons, 4 player co-op, and loot then you will more than likely enjoy it. Reminds me of Fallout 3, Borderlands, Left 4 Dead, and Dead Rising all mixed up. It's far from perfect and there are several problems that I would like to see ironed out for the sequel WHEN it does happen in a few years time.

The characters leave a lot to be desired and so do the graphics. Money is also a problem because I never seem to have enough. You basically spend all of your scratch on repairing weapons as they deteriorate extremely fast, which is very annoying because you are constantly fixing them. All. Of. The. Time.

My expectations were not very high for this game. I knew it had 4 player co-op and you get to kill zombies on an island which already had me sold. That amazing trailer from earlier this year drove the nail into the coffin and sold me even further. It is way better than I thought it would be. Much deeper.

This could be my favorite zombie game of all. 

Is it worth $60? Yes.

How about the achievements? Don't expect this to be a short completion because there is some grinding involved. Easily over 30 hours, but I wouldn't be surprised if it pushed the 50 hour mark.




7 comments:

  1. Good to know all this information. I've been hesitant to get it till this point, but it's sounding pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this game, but I need to play it more. I know you got Driver, but what about Warhammer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the review, answering my question from your last post, and all of the details relating to the game! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so would this game be any good to play solo, cause i dont usually like playing games in co-op

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Daniel Sure, it would. But some achievements are easier in co-op.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is there Local Co-op?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stallion!! SOLVE DEAD ISLAND MONEY problems..... Here's how... I found a Melendez weapon worth about 2,800 its the magic wand mod made with the morning star mace. Now here's the trick... DUPLICATION!! Step 1) equip any Melee weapon 2) pull right trigger to get ready to throw 3) as soon as you throw the weapon HOLD Y 4) 2 weapons magically appear!! NOTE: LOGAN only doest this about 50% of the time if you have the boomerang skill..... This unlimited weapon and cash method brought to you by HigheR x ForcE

    ReplyDelete