Saturday, January 14, 2012

Stallion Doin' Work: Day 5 & 6 - Mamba Droppin 40's On Em

Day5- 


Kobe is absolutely on fire! He dropped 48 on the Suns Tuesday night. Which was the most ever for an NBA player during their 16th season of play. I never thought doing this would be so challenging, but he is kicking ass and taking names. I enjoy the difficulty, so keep at it #24. 48 achievements needed on Wednesday to complete day 5 and here is how I did.


Tuesday: Off Day


Played Dead Island and more of the Bloodbath Arena DLC with Omega. We both inched ever so close to that sexy completion. I probably played about 3 hours of it before hitting the eject button.

11eyes Cross Over got more PT which was another one I thought was close to complete. More on that in a moment.

Wednesday: Challenge Day - 48 Achievements needed to match the Mamba.

I started out in the AM with some 11eyes Cross Over. Which is a Japanese story book game and requires a NTSC-J region Xbox. Only hardcore achievement hunters apply. I've had mine since 2006 and was one of the first American Gamerscore hunters to grab one. Somehow, someway, my launch Japanese Xbox is still alive and kicking *Knocks on Wood* I thought I was about to complete the game, but hit a snag. I'm stuck at 99.57% complete and I have no clue what I'm missing. It's pretty rough to determine such things when you can't read the words on the screen. I'm missing two achievements for the completion, but I ended up unlocking 9 achievements for 350 Gamerscore before the day was over.

Popped Dead Island in to finish off the final 3 achievements for 80 Gamerscore and I threw it on the ground. I've had enough of it to last a lifetime. That being said, I would love to see a sequel. The ground work has already been laid, but it needs a few massage sessions to get the knots out.

I had to play something on the WP7 and that game happened to be Cro-Mag rally A.K.A. a little puke in your mouth at first sight. It only took a few hours to complete unlocking 12 achievements for 180 Gamerscore in the process. I can't recommend this game to anyone, it's awful! Glad I did give it a second look after playing it months ago and getting ill from that initial experience.

KR: Glee Vol. 3 was next up to bat. Not a whole lot to say about this one. If you like the TV show, you may enjoy singing along to hit songs with your favorite cast members. I personally have never seen Glee in my life, but I would rather play it over the Disney Sing it games. Those are far less manly.....I think. 12 achievements for 475 Gamerscore unlocked before I moved onto Raving Rabbids: Alive and Kicking.

And finally I unlocked 13 achievements for 175 Gamerscore in Raving Rabbits for Kinect which topped off the long day.

Total for Day 5: 49 Achievements - 1,260 Gamerscore


Day6-

Kobe had another 40 point night dropping exactly 40 on the Utah Jazz. This is getting out of hand!



Thursday: Challenge Day - 40 Achievements needed to keep pace

KR: Glee Vol. 3 to get things started. 2 Achievements for 150 Gamerscore.

Stayed with the Rabbits in the AM to unlock a few stragglers before moving on. 4 Achievements for 50 Gamerscore obtained.

I then perused the Xbox LIVE marketplace and found a deal on Shrek-n-Roll for half price. It came out in 2007 and is nothing special. You use both sticks to control a teeter totter like wooden plank with food in the middle which you need to navigate around obstacles to baby ogres. It's weird! Oddly enough, I kind of like the concept. Try the trial before spending your $5 bucks. I unlocked 8 achievements for 120 gamerscore before tapping out for the night.

NBA2k12 was the next game I played much later in the day. I purchased and downloaded The Legends Showcase DLC for 800 MSP. It features some new features such as H-O-R-S-E, 3-3 Era challenges, and  a change in the style of graphics. H-O-R-S-E remind me of those old McDonald's commercials featuring MJ and Larry Legend.  It also has 10 achievements for 250 Gamerscore. I ended up unlocking 5 achievements for 96 Gamerscore before moving on. I did get my gamerscore back on track making it end in zeros or fives with an achievement for the game that was worth 16 points. It has two more odd achievements that are worth 23 and 21.

The final game was Eat Lead JP which I unlocked most of the achievements  for the day on. 22 of them for 490 Gamerscore.


Total for Day 6: 41 Achievements - 906 Gamerscore

More back to back games for The Lakers and Kobe on Friday and Saturday night. So more back to back days for me over the weekend.

Since I started this challenge Kobe is averaging an amazing 37.4 points per game. Practically unheard of for a guy with so many minutes played or for any player for that matter.

Day 1: Kobe 37pts - Stallion 38 achievements - 805 Gamerscore
Day 2: Kobe 30pts - Stallion 32 achievements - 505 Gamersocre
Day 3: Kobe 39pts - Stallion 44 achievements - 1,035 gamerscore
Day 4: Kobe 26pts - Stallion 40 achievements - 1,145 gamerscore
Day 5: Kobe 48pts - Stallion 49 achievements - 1,260 gamerscore
Day 6: Kobe 40pts - Stallion 41 achievements - 906 gamerscore
Day 7: Kobe 42pts - Stallion???(check back on Sunday)

6 Day Challenge Total: 244 achievements - 5,626 gamerscore

2012 totals as of 12:00AM EST on January 13th

Start - Currrent - Total Gain

Gamerscore: 666,666 - 675,395 - 8,729

Achievements: 27,694 - 28,045 - 351


4 comments:

  1. How come you don't play Games for Windows Live for gamerscore? I don't know if you've answered this question before, I've just been wondering since it seems like GFWL would help with this challenge. And partly break up the monotony of console games

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge fan of PC games but I do have a handful on my card. I probably should start playing more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you should do is mix this with the idea of playing in all 50 states. Follow the Lakers around to the towns they are playing in that night and knock out the achievements.

    Far-fetched I know, but it would be an interesting way of doing part of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, ok. I just didn't know if you were trying to avoid PC games because you thought they weren't in the spirit of trying reach a million or something

    ReplyDelete