Saturday, January 9, 2010

500,000 by May 31st?????

As I always do when I reach another 100k milestone, I think to myself, what is next? This time I got a twitter challenge from Rand al thor 19. I scoffed at it when I first read it. "I guess I'm partly responsible for you getting to 400k this year. I'll make this challenge to you public: 500k by May. Man up."

Not only did I scoff, I just didn't care. I just got to 400k and I was pretty worn down. Boy that feeling didn't last long. I thought about how I could approach this and maybe pull it off. I got into a party chat with Rand later that day and asked him, by May or by April? He said, May 30th. We didn't make any kind of wager but I believe we should. It would make it more interesting.

The questions is, can it be done? Short answer, NO.

Here is what would have to be done. 100,000 in 159 days. That's 5 months and a week. Almost 700 points per day for 5 months is doable, if I didn't already have 400,000 and rely mostly on new releases. There are only 5 more games coming out in the month of January. More importantly, there are only around 40 games being released between now and May 30th. Where could I get my points from? I could buy a ton of arcade games and make a desperate attempt. Let's say I buy 50 arcade games that take 5 hours or a little more. That's only 10,000 points! Let's say I score zero points during a day, that means the next day just to make that up I would have to score 1,400. The one way breaking it down makes it sound plausible, 5,000 points a week.

I started the goal on December 22nd but I really didn't go after it until last Sunday. I've exceeded pace during this week but I'm still behind the goal pace due to a slow start. It will be a miracle if I get it done. Heck, I'll be lucky if I even get back on pace. I've devised a fairly good plan that suits me well. I'll try to keep it up for the month of January. We will see what happens from there. In the meantime, send rand a few messages telling him to man up and make a good wager. The only way this can be done if something is on the line. Link never saved Zelda just for the hell of it.

Here is my goal progress so far thanks to trueachievements.

12 comments:

  1. Possible wagers:

    1. Loser has to put in his bio "(insert winner's gamertag here) is the best.

    2. Loser has to dress up as some character(fairy, princess, penguin, etc.) and send you picture to post on twitter and your website.

    Side note: You got mentioned in this month's OXM magazine(Mass Effect 2 cover) in the Hot Button section as having the most legit gamerscore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He should've been more logical and make it by June 30th, half way through the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The loser has to boost all achievements that the other one needs help with over a month, without having the favour returned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will give you 2:1 @ $50 that you can't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. if anyone could pull that impossible stunt legit it woulde be stallion83

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are heaps of old games you havn't played yet, if you can get your hands on some of them: A-Train HX, World Snooker Championship 2007, Fifa 08, Leisure Suit Larry (Easy 1000), Uefa Euro 2008, Baja Edge Of Control, Beijing 2008, Prject Sylpheed, MX vs ATV UNTAMED, Devil May Cry 4, Juiced 2, just to name a few.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha I didn't play most of those games for a reason. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously though Stallion, you can get a very easy 800G of The Sabotuer, it's just the freeplay which are a bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i need to know how to get achievements from japanese games yet i live in america. is it hard, do you have to buy an imported xbox or what.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @guzzy I plan on playing that soon.

    @anonymous- You do need a Japanese xbox console to play Japanese games.
    Check out www.play-asia.com or ebay if you feel confident enough.

    ReplyDelete