Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Big Kahuna

326

That is how many points per day I need to reach 400,000 before the clock strikes 12 midnight on January 1, 2010. For whatever reason, I want to hit 400,000 before next year. I told Rand al Thor I wanted to do it about a month and a half ago and he said it couldn't be done.

As I am writing this I have exactly 356,008. I need 43,992 in 135 days to reach 400,000. I feel like I can make it for a few reasons. The massive amount of games being released within the next 3-4 months, not to mention the overall quality of the games are generally better. Another reason being I am in a groove. A groove that has eluded me for years. I wish I could tell you "How Stallion got his groove back" but for whatever reason I feel like I could even pop pimp my ride in and swallow it whole without hating myself. I usually feel worn out after a gamerscore league is complete. I am going to ride this wave like the Big Kahuna.



I am also sitting on exactly 499 games played. I'm not sure when I will pop in another one for 500. It will be either Wolfy, Shadow Complex, BCF, or The new Batman game.

Completion % mumbo jumbo. I care and I don't care about it. I just think it would be silly to avoid a game that I know I would enjoy just because it is damn near impossible to complete. Before the gamerscore league started I was closing in on 90%. While the league was going on I somehow managed to drop it below 85%. I basically killed it with about 5 or 6 games I played for maybe an hour or less a piece. I've been able to resuscitate it somewhat and now it is back to 86.50%. I guess I will try to get it to 90% and keep it there.

6 comments:

  1. Personally considering your total, anything over 75% as a percentage is brilliant. But sure, why not aim high!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody knows anything less than 90% is a failure... =P

    Pimp My Ride is a career ending move... just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with that, considering during the GSL you managed over 5000 in one day, you should be able to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my completion percentage is just over 30% and I'm at 50 games, I think you shouldn't worry.

    Good luck on reaching 400,000.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys.

    Apple, I can't let you out ghost ride the whip me if we meet in the real world. I have to practice those skills at some point. :)

    I just noticed the biggest thing that is killing my completion percentage besides the recently loaded up games...DLC for games. There is 3 or 4 thousand missing from that crap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should be able to get to 400K easily by the end of the year.
    How about creating another goal of 1000 in Pimp My Ride??
    Or then again you don't want to be put off gaming for life.

    ReplyDelete