Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Stallion Doin' Work: Days 20-26 - Going Strong Like Bull

It's almost been two weeks since I updated this challenge which is going to make putting this together an absolute nightmare. The thing that is rough with this challenge and keeping the blog up to date; I'm generally worn out the day after a challenge day because I am pushing myself more than usual, especially on the back to back days. I'm not trying to match Brian Scalabrine in points scored every other night; I'm matching the leagues leading scorer. This challenge is about twice as hard as I initially imagined.

Day 20-

Kobe scored 27 points against Boston.

Friday 2/10: Challenge day - At least 27 achievements needed


Finished up Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp on WP7 adding 10 achievements for 200 gamerscore to my score. It's nothing more than an easy gamerscore game in my eyes. It has very little substance and I don't even know how it got a green light. I was expecting much more from a title that is already established on XBLA.

BulletAsylum was a fun little title on WP7, perhaps nothing groundbreaking, but it plays well and looks nice. I unlocked 11 achievements for 165 gamerscore in that.

I unlocked 21 achievements for 400 gamerscore in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. Most of the achievements in this game are unmissable and come with natural story progression. It's refreshing not having to blow up a certain number of planes or shoot a certain number of bullets, or dropping a certain amount of flares. Although, there are some multiplayer achievements that appear to take some time to get. It's decent but they are on the right path to making a really good flight game down the road with a few tweaks.

3 achievements for 135 gamerscore in Family feud: 2012 Edition

Total for day 20: 45 achievements - 900 gamerscore

Day 21-

Kobe scored 34 points against the Knicks The day I became a believer in the Linsanity hype. The kid can play.

Saturday 2/11: Challenge day - At least 34 achievements needed

2 achievements for 35 gamersocre in BulletAsylum

5 achievements for 100 gamersocre in Ace Combat:

12 achievements for 160 gamersocre in Ninety-Nine Nights II/EU

8 achievements for 100 gamerscore in The Price is Right Decades

8 achievements for 75 gamerscore in Splinter Cell: Conviction for the WP7

Total for day 21: 35 achievements - 470 gamerscore

Day 22-

Kobe scored 27 points against the Raptors

Monday 2/13: Challenge day - At least 27 achievements needed


11 achievements for 345 gamerscore in LOTR: War in the North. Excellent co-op game. Go grab some buddies and chop it up.

17 achievements for 175 gamerscore in BattleWagon. There was a patch to fix the broken achievements so I decided to fire it up because of that but....The patch didn't fix it for me because the final achievement I need is glitched. I like completing games as much as everyone else but this type of crap always puts a bad taste in my mouth and turns me away from that aspect. It's been that way for years now. A lot of games are worth a try, even the crappiest of games, but when you're there for the end reward and it never comes, it's frustrating. I guess I could just suck it up, delete the save, and try from the top. But there's a chance I'll get the same end result and I would rather not waste another second of my time on such a thing.

Total for day 22: 28 achievements - 520 gamerscore

Day 23-


Kobe scored a measly 10 points against the Hawks

Wednesday: 2/15: Challenge Day - At least 10 achievements needed


14 achievements for 360 gamerscore

Total for day 23: 14 achievements 360 gamerscore


Day 24-

Kobe scored 36 points against the Suns

Saturday 2/18: Challenge Day - At least 36 achievements needed

I was sweating this day more so than any other during this challenge. I just got it in my head that I would fail.


4 achievements for 40 gamerscore in PDC Darts: pro Tour

1 achievement for 5 gamerscore in NFS: Hot Pursuit

2 achievements for 10 gamerscore in UFC Undisputed 3

5 achievements for 30 gamersocre in Chickens Can't Fly

23 achievements for 535 gamerscore In Grand Slam Tennis 2. A much better tennis offering than what I expected. The career mode gets really boring after a few seasons and the commentary is just so very repetitive that it makes you want to get all up in John McEnroe's face and yell and scream at him just like he did back in his heyday.


2 achievements for 25 gamerscore in The Price is Right Decades

Total for day 24:  37 achievements - 645 gamerscore

Day 25-


Kobe scored 32 against the Suns

Monday: Challenge Day- At least 32 achievements needed

3 achievements for 30 gamerscore in Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. What a sweet ass RPG! I didn't get as much time as I wanted in on this, but I was highly impressed with what I did play.

3 achievements for 75 gamerscore in Grand Slam Tennis 2.

6 achievements for 50 gamerscore in Swarm. A strange little arcade title that recently got reduced to 400 microsoft points. It's so-so.

5 achievements for 35 gamerscore in NBA Jam: On Fire Edition. I think it's much more polished than the retail version. More moves, more dunks, and slicker graphics. I wasn't expecting many changes at all, but this version is just flat out better in every single way. I hear it's long to get all the achievements on and chances are high that I will find out for myself. This one lives up the the name because It's on FIRE!

15 achievements for 350 gamerscore in The Price is Right.

Day 25 total: 32 achievements - 540 gamerscore

Day 26-

Kobe scored 28 against the Trailblazers

Tuesday: Challenge Day - At least 28 achievements needed

8 achievements for 255 gamerscore The Price is Right

2 achievements for 65 gamerscore in UFC3

5 achievements for 65 gamerscore in Syndicate. It's a quite good and refreshing FPS. That's expected since StarBreeze is at the helm.. I want to get more one on one time with it before giving a concrete opinion, but so far, I don't have many complaints. It won't blow your mind, but it won't turn you away. I'm just crossing my fingers for good co-op missions because the potential is there. Hopefully I get to try that later on today.

10 achievements for 100 gamerscore in Saints Row: The Third. That's all from the newest DLC that dropped yesterday, Gangsters in Space. The missions are based around making a movie so your character is placed into various sets. The director is always in your ear trying to get you to act out his vision to perfection, you know, the cliche movie director that has to be perfect and gets snippy with everyone not following his lead. Once you're in place for the "movie" to be shot,the visuals change to give you that grainy movie effect and epic movie music starts blaring. It's quite satisfying and funny side story. But...just like most downloaded able content, it's just too damn short. It will only last an hour...if you're lucky. I enjoyed it more than the last DLC, Genkibow VII, a lot more in fact.

5 achievements for 30 gamerscore in Junk Fu

Total for day 26: 30 achievements - 515 gamerscore.

I get a little break on Wednesday then another back to back on Thursday and Friday. Then a small break over the weekend since it's the AllStar Showcase for the NBA. I'm very happy about that because it gives me time to focus on getting my newest video done. That's going to take me a while since I have almost a terabyte of video footage to sift through. I'm aiming to have that completed as well as getting to 700,000 gamerscore sometime next week. That's the plan anyway.


Day 1: Kobe 37pts - Stallion 38 achievements - 805 Gamerscore
Day 2: Kobe 30pts - Stallion 32 achievements - 505 Gamersocre
Day 3: Kobe 39pts - Stallion 44 achievements - 1,035 gamerscore
Day 4: Kobe 26pts - Stallion 40 achievements - 1,145 gamerscore 
Day 5: Kobe 48pts - Stallion 49 achievements - 1,260 gamerscore
Day 6: Kobe 40pts - Stallion 41 achievements - 906 gamerscore
Day 7: Kobe 42pts - Stallion 44 achievements - 790 gamerscore
Day 8: Kobe 42pts - Stallion 42 achievements - 725 gamerscore
Day 9: Kobe 14pts - Stallion 30 achievements - 804 gamerscore
Day 10: Kobe 24pts - Stallion 24 achievements - 755 gamerscore
Day 11: Kobe 30pts - Stallion 31 achievements - 631 gamerscore
Day 12: Kobe 33pts - Stallion 36 achievements - 1,060 gamerscore
Day 13: Kobe 24pts - Stallion 24 achievements - 510 gamerscore
Day 14: Kobe 27pts - Stallion 27 achievements - 335 gamerscore
Day 15: Kobe 35pts - Stallion 44 achievements - 740 gamerscore
Day 16: Kobe 24pts - Stallion 73 achievements - 3,215 gamerscore
Day 17: Kobe 20pts - Stallion 23 achievements - 445 gamerscore
Day 19: Kobe 28pts - Stallion 33 achievements - 615 gamerscore
Day 20: Kobe 27pts - Stallion 45 achievements - 900 gamerscore
Day 21: Kobe 34pts - Stallion 35 achievements - 470 gamerscore
Day 22: Kobe 27pts - Stallion 28 achievements - 520 gamerscore
Day 23: Kobe 10pts - Stallion 14 achievements - 360 gamerscore
Day 24: Kobe 36pts - Stallion 37 achievements - 645 gamerscore
Day 25: Kobe 32pts - Stallion 32 achievements - 540 gamerscore
Day 26: Kobe 28pts - Stallion 30 achievements - 515 gamerscore

26 Day Challenge Total: 922 achievements - 20,786 gamerscore

2012 totals as of 5:15AM EST on February 22nd

Start - Current - Total increase for the year

Gamerscore: 666,666 - 696,290 - 29,624

Achievements: 27,694 - 28,919 - 1,225

Completed Games on dashboard:  540 - 577 - 37

Completed Games according to Trueachievements (DLC excluded) 595

Games Played: 1,003 - 1,045 - 42

Gamerscore completion percentage: 81.42% - 82.22% - .80%

Achievement completion percentage: 82.38% - 82.97% - .59%
 
 

Start:
Current:

4 comments:

  1. Do you think this will be a one season thing or will you change player next season? Going strong though keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll probably do it again next year if all goes well. Nope, Kobe or no one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's been your favorite part of the challenge so far?

    And I'll give you a little challenge should you choose to accept it: If Paul George wins the dunk contest, you have to unlock 24 achievements the next day. 24 because that's his number.

    Though if you want a break, I completely understand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The same as the other kinds of expensive kitchen appliances,
    you'll need like to have access to a bright red toaster oven alternatively toaster as part of your pantry. Of course sugar-free recipe probably won't brown program of of baking furthermore be contingent on several more warning signs.
    The on top on hand, make sure that to get the
    most beneficial flavors as soon as interpreting the best
    way to bake salmon. Load this treat provider otherwise designer created having your merchandise finishing.


    My webpage :: kitchenaid toaster cover [toasterovenpicks.com]

    ReplyDelete