Monday, March 26, 2012

[VIDEO] 700,000 Gamerscore - The 1 Million Journey Continues

My journey to 1 million gamerscore began back on November 22nd, 2005.  2,312 days later and I'm sitting pretty on exactly 700,000 gamerscore. The first person in the universe to do such.

6 years, 4 months or:
  • 199,756,800 seconds
  • 3,329,280 minutes
  • 55,488 hours
  • 330 weeks (rounded down)
Here is the video I made to celebrate the 700,000 milestone. For the best quality use 1080p or 720p.


The achievement that put me exactly at 700k was "Insanity" from Mass Effect 3. Description: Finish the game on Insanity without changing the difficulty after leaving Earth. I would say it's more than fitting and it's the achievement I wanted to hit the milestone with all along which I've known for at least a month now. I slowed down and spent very little time on my Xbox over the last two weeks, I did not play any new games, and went against the grain to avoid achievements in Mass Effect 3 just so I could hit 700k with "Insanity". It all worked out to perfection.

That last 175 all unlocked side by side. Note the times.



The video was pain in the rear end to make. Ever since I hit 600,000 gamerscore back in August of 2011 I've basically recorded every shred of video game footage. Hundreds of hours all packed onto my HDD. Most of the achievements were buried in files that were 3 to 4 hours long. It was like trying to find a needle in a haystack. And it took a ton of work to finally get done. I hope you all enjoy it. 

I guess the march towards 800,000 beings now. Instead of being dog tired from gaming like I usually am once I hit a 100k milestone, I'm actually ready to pick the controller back up and get to it. I need to go digest this and have some fun. I'll probably reflect more on this later tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks to Evil Controllers for providing me with a sweet custom controller to hit my milestone with.

Thanks for the voice work from Omega Deez. Can you spot his voice in the video?



46 comments:

  1. Congrats mate. Great video as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mascal! You da man. I hope you get selected on the listener challenge soon so you can share cheese stories with us.

      Delete
  2. TRULY AWESOME A VERY WELL DONE YOUR 1 IN A MILLION

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats man. That's truly epic and what a fitting achievement to hit it with. I wish you a speedy run too 800k

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mephisto! I hope to get there soon too.

      Delete
  4. Congratz!!
    What's the name of the song please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on the SSX soundtrack if that helps

      Delete
    2. Flux pavilion - I can't stop

      Delete
    3. Flux Pavillion - I can't stop like the anonymous comment above said. It got stuck in my head during SSX.

      Delete
  5. Brlliant video! Love the choice of song as well, Kanye and Jayz use it as a sample in there album Watch the Throne. The actual song is "I Can't Stop" by Flux Pavillion.

    Congrats Stallion, after the past 2 weeks I can imagine you are rearing to go. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks NJC! Yeah, I'm rearing to go like a mother.

      The Jay and Kanye song is called "who gon stop me"

      Delete
  6. Congratulations, bud. You've deserved it! Best of luck on the way to 1,000,000!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go man! Truly an milestone envious of many..

    P.J

    ReplyDelete
  8. Makes me proud of our collective hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do you see exactly timestamps ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Download this greasmonkey script: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/124569

      Delete
    2. thx Stallion but doenst work with Firefox 11.0 and Greasemonkey 0.9.18 for me :(

      Delete
    3. No problem. Sorry it doesn't work for you.

      Delete
  10. Congrats stallion im not even close to 70,000 let alone 700,000 lol. Nice going.

    ReplyDelete
  11. People from Germany cant see your videos because the music content

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see what I can do about making another one without copyrighted music content.

      Delete
  12. The best part of video was anything with Kobe! Keep up the Good Work :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. *applause* i personally guessed you wanted to use ME3 to reach your milestone the moment you asked us to predict so i'm glad to see my hunch was right. Congratulations on this accomplishment, hope the ME3 ending didn't cloud the achievement for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't have a lot of beef with the way ME3 ended.

      Delete
    2. I can relate, because I didn't either at first. However after some thinking i realised that there were so many plotholes, and even things that were impossible. I become more and more disappointed and eventually even angry about how they decided to end the trilogy. Even though i don't agree 100% with Angry Joe, his movie does summarize my thoughts - maybe worth a look?

      (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M0Cf864P7E&list=UUsgv2QHkT2ljEixyulzOnUQ&index=2&feature=plcp)

      Delete
    3. After that, watch this and realise that if it's true.. ME3 is probably the best mind-fuck game ever, and will go down in history as one of the best games ever..

      Delete
    4. watch this i meant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZOyeFvnhiI&list=UUsgv2QHkT2ljEixyulzOnUQ&index=1&feature=plcp

      Delete
  15. Followed your progress since 700k came into sight. I was wondering why you didn't finish ME3 faster. Now I know. :) Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. well done raymondo, congrats, have a good journey to 800k buddy, I shall be following. MERLINMAGIC1978

    ReplyDelete
  17. That was a very well done video. Make one for 701K!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. I would make more stuff if I had the time.

      Delete
  18. I'm just curious... How often do you get 100% achievements in a game?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations, you've surpassed the 2 thirds and are approaching the 3 quarters!

    You sounded a bit burnt out in your last All your Voice post - keep it up, you can do this! With what you've got left to do you've already done twice over!

    And awesome vid!

    ReplyDelete
  20. nice plezz look this blogs
    http//examgyanguru.blogspot.com

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  21. As Kobe would say, "you've achieved success at success with 700,000, but you need 1,000,000 for success at success at success"

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lol I just Googled world's highest gamerscore nd I found it was u! Congrats man...but where did you find all the time to play haha? Jw lol but seriously congrats its really impressive!! :-D

    ReplyDelete